Sunday, July 29, 2007

One of those moments...

I just had one of those moments. A moment in life when everything is exactly as it should be and you feel so content that your heart just overflows with gratitude.

My son awoke from an all-too-short nap, opened his door, and called out to me, "did I take enough of a rest, Mommy?"

"No," I thought. But instead of sending him back to sleep longer, I asked him to come up to my office. I had soft music playing and when I reached out to him he asked in a soft voice, "you wanna dance with me?"

And so we danced.

His arms draped around my neck and his head laid on my shoulder, we slowly spun around and swayed back forth as his long, lean legs dangled down and occasionally tapped up against my knees.

As the gentle, breezy sound of the ceiling fan whirred above, I realized that all I need in the world was right here in this house.. a loving husband taking a much-deserved Sunday afternoon nap, a sleepy, snuggly 5-year old son and a slow song to dance to.

Life doesn't get any better.


8 comments:

javamamma said...

What a beautiful moment you've just had. Cherish it forever!

Thanks for stopping over at my blog!
~javamamma

lorettaspeaks said...

That is so sweet. I love it.

Anonymous said...

i love it. the moments are so precious and fleeting. i came over for a visit after your comment. you mentioned adoption (my husband and i just decided we are doing it for sure!) and i will be adding you to my blogroll so i can keep checking in on you! we have 2 biological children but i have always wanted to adopt. i can't wait!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

What a great, deep-breath, moment. Sounds like a dang sweet little one.

Anonymous said...

[big deep breath] wow. what a great moment to treasure forever.

Anonymous said...

No doubt!
There's absolutely NOTHING better!

Scott said...

That is some beautiful writing and a beautiful moment! Treasure that one in your heart for years.

I'd love to hear more about your adoptions!

Jeremy Pittman said...

Thanks for sharing KB!