Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday's Feast: July 13, 2007

(to check out others "feasts", click the logo above.)


A Friday the 13th Feast...OH MY!

Appetizer: What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries.
Growing up, Mom would always slice strawberries and sprinkle them with suger. She'd store them in the refrigerator and they were always nice and juicy. Yummmmm.


Soup: Who is someone you consider as a great role model? Tough one! This one is hard because I have different role models for almost every aspect of my life. I have people that challenge me to be a better wife, mother, Christian, writer...people who challenge me to be healthy and people who keep me on my toes in the motivation department. But, if I have to name one person-- my husband, Keith. His laid back, steadfast, loyal, humorous, go-with-the-flow personality keeps me balanced. Grounded. In check. He models for me the true meaning of forgiveness every day. I want our son to be just like him.

Salad: If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose? Camping alongside a stream in the mountains. Camp fire, crickets, stars...sounds like a perfect night to me.

Main Course: Name something you do too often. Read blogs, I'm afraid. I have all of my favorites saved on my desktop and every day I go from one to the other to the other...then, I'm guilty of going to new blogs off those sites and usually end up adding a new one (or 2 or 3...) to my desktop and.... you see where that's leading?!

Dessert Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.
I really like writing poetry because it allows me to express the beauty I see in the little things. Whenever I notice anything that I might want to remember about life, I either jot down notes where I am or scramble to do it when I get home. It might be something silly like a tree at an intersection or the way my husband's hands looked as he was driving or my child singing along to a song in the back seat. These are the things I want to remember down the road. So, I try to write them down. Sometimes its poetry...sometimes not. But it always captures the memory.

10 comments:

ollie1976 said...

Thanks for posting on my blog-That's great that you feel that your husband is a role model for you.
-Jen

Anonymous said...

marvelous feast!
and i loved the little poem you left in the friday's feast website. i wish i could write poetry too :)
have a great weekend! :D and see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by. Glad you liked my feast of pictures. It takes a little longer to do it that way, but it's much more fun.

I'm glad you liked the Matthew McConnaHOTTIEHEY photo as well. ;)

Please do come back, crazy mom's are always welcome.

Have a great weekend!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Great meal!!! We actually have some similar answers...hmmm, interesting.

Anonymous said...

I love your soup answer. What a great feast you served up this week.

Anonymous said...

I loved your cute little poem you wrote on the Fridays Feast page. Your blog is great and I enjoyed dining with you, your answers were really genuine!

BeccA's Buzz said...

I love your salad, it sounds quite perfect to me! Unfortunately, I can't do that within 1 hour of my house :(

Anonymous said...

your poetry is NEVER not good....it's ALWAYS everything perfect!

Irene said...

What a wonderful feast! One of the nicest I have been to. Lovely meeting you.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely feast! Loved your soup -- what a sweet tribute. I spend too much time reading blogs, too -- there are so many good ones out there, it's hard to limit it. I'm afraid I'm not a good camper, though. :-) Very sweet dessert, there, too.