Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Fun Continues...

Let me give a quick shout-out to some of the good stuff about our trip--lest you think all I do is complain. You know "waaaaaaaaaa sand...... waaaaaaaaaaaaa hot...... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa intertubes (yes, I said intertubes...see story to follow) OK-- good stuff:

shrimp
crab legs
blue skies
tan lines
air conditioning
sno cones
sunsets
what alarm clock?

Now, the intertube thing. We went to the waterpark today. NO SAND! Already my idea of heaven on earth. Then, I came face-to-face with my arch nemesis: a bright yellow intertube.

It didn't have a name, but let's call him Teddy for kicks. Teddy the Tube. Teddy and I met on a summer's day when life was good and all was right with the world. Our relationship seemed so full of promise... images of us riding along life's river, afloat in relaxation, flashed before my eyes. It was not to be. Instead, Teddy and I clashed as his strong personality caused us to go against the flow. As happy couples floated past us, our relational conflict became ever more apparent.

"Teddy, let's go in the same direction as everyone else," I would urge. He would hear nothing of it.

His desire to buck the system and set us apart from all the others became a barrier to our tubular bond. On the last leg, his stubborness caused us to simply spin in circles as we were continually sucked back into a waterfall and into the path of others as they plummeted full-speed toward us.

It didn't work out between Teddy and I. Perhaps he will be happier with another rider. On the lazy river of life, a good tube-to-person bond is virtually a necessity.

Tan line report: moderate
Relaxation update: in full swing

Must go make sure the alarm clock is still turned off. [insert wicked laugh here]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, you make me laugh. you're just too clever. hate to hear things didn't work out with teddy, but sounds like it was a good clean break that you needed. now, on to relaxing.