Monday, July 30, 2007

Coincidence? I think not.

Daniel was just downstairs in the kitchen playing with his Leap Frog magnets that sound out words and letters. He was getting frustrated on a couple words and I was trying to encourage him not to give up.

me: "don't get frustrated...put one of the red ones in the middle (the vowels) and put letters on either side and see if you can spell a word."

daniel: [places the letters B - O - M in the slots] funky little sound signals an invalid word

me: "why don't you try another one?"

daniel: [inserts the letters P - I - H in the slots] funky sound....Daniel sighs..... "I don't wanna do this anymore, Mommy"

me: hey! Don't give up...let's try one more."

daniel: sigh.....[slaps three letters into the holder... N - A - G]

Nag? Are you kidding me?

game: "Great word!"

Some things are just not a coincidence.

7 comments:

Llama Momma said...

That is hilarious!!

And I agree...no coincidence...

(I've been lurking on your blog since Shannon's giveaway. HI!)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

HA! That is NOT a good sign.

lorettaspeaks said...

Love it!!

Jen Greven said...

L O L!!!!!!!

That is too FUNNY!

Scott said...

Ha! Hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

you're right, made me LOL! that is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!
Katie, just wanted to say that it is now Tuesday, time for the weigh in....and no matter what the results, you are beautiful and loved!!!