Monday, July 02, 2007

Loser Mommy Award

My 5 year old son is bored beyond tears today. I am plugging away at an event I'm planning and absolutely need most of the day to get some things accomplished. I laid out puzzles, I drew dots in separate boxes for him to count and write the number on, I gave him practice words to trace and, of course, he has a room and a basement with plenty o' toys at his disposal.

When all of those resources were exhausted in the first 20 minutes of the day, I gave in and let him watch a few cartoons. Surely he won't lose too many brain cells...it's just for one day, right?

He just came upstairs. Did he come to show me his number work? Did he want to recite to me the ABC's or possibly the continents or something? Oh no. He came to tell me (and I quote), "Mommy...did you know that you can save space in your closet by using the blow-up thingie that you can put your stuff in and then suck the air out and then you can put more stuff in your closet? And, know what else, Mom? It's moisture-free and bugs can't get in there or anything? You need one of those, don't ya Mom?"

My son is now a walking infomercial. I wonder if my Loser Mommy Award will be delivered personally or sent via mail?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is HILARIOUS! sorry, i know it's probably not that funny to you, but it just struck my funny bone and I can't stop laughing. my jaws hurt.

Anonymous said...

I think you're ok....Now when he starts quoting the "erections lasting four hours or longer" disclaimer from ED drug commercials, you may need to be concerned

BKB

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

My Tink is exactly the same way! I try as hard as I can to get them to watch Noggin or Smile of a Child, channels with no commercials. It's pretty bad when your kid can sing the Mattress Giant jingle.

dewde said...

I wonder if my Loser Mommy Award will be delivered personally or sent via mail?

DON'T MOVE! I will be right over!

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

You never cease to lift me up,dewde. At least I don't have to give you directions!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

That is hysterical - mostly because my oldest son can quote ALL KINDS of stuff like that! Whether it's a television commercial, a radio station tag line, or a sign on a business, he's got it down! If only he could put that same memory function to use for something good and noble, like how to spell! :D