Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Greetings from The Sunshine State

I hate sand.

I'm all for the sun, the surf, the subtle blending of emerald and turquoise water as it laps at my feet...the gulls and the giggles of happy children as they race away from the water's grasp. Love it all.

But I hate sand. With a passion, y'all. There's not many things I'll actually use that word to describe. Injustice, maybe. Or greed. Yeah, I hate those things, too. But sand ranks right up there. Gritty-stick-to-ya-crunchy sand. Blech. And walking in it...well, let's just say I'm not gonna be training for the beach volleyball circuit anytime soon thankyouverymuch.

As I write this, I feel the crunch of sand on tooth enamel in my mouth. I wasn't eating the stuff. It just gets in there. Don't ask me how. I said don't ask me. OK, I might (just might) have shaken my towel out into a stiff breeze and it flew in my mouth.

You're mocking me, aren't ya?

I hate sand.

Love me some vacation with my two wonderful men folk (actually, one man folk and one boy folk).

But...

I hate sand.

More vacation chronicles to come. Betcha can't wait, huh?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Please please share! It is cold in my corner of the world. Maybe 71*F tomorrow. With rain. And wind. Big rain. Big cold.
I am living vicariously through you now, my friend. Live it up!

Kay Day said...

Nice blog!

christine said...

Having lived in FL within 5 miles of the beach for over 35 years total, I can honestly say Florida is a great place to be FROM. Perhaps you will blog about the humidity next:)
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

i am so with you on this one. love the idea of the beach. love being next to it. love hearing and seeing the water. but hate, HATE the sand!! :-)

Beth Twist said...

Wow. You have got to be the first I have EVER heard say those words. Lets see if I can help a little... Just think of sand's exfoliating properties as your bare feet move through it, add some lotion at the end of the day... FREE PEDICURE!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Howling!! I am completely howling! I love your hatred of sand...that's great blog fodder.