Saturday, July 07, 2007

Adoption

I have blogged here for a year and a half...roughly the amount of time that we've been contemplating and pursuing the adoption of a second child. However, it never occured to me until this morning to get the "word out" here in case any of you hear of an adoption situation.

You know, we tried for so many years to have a baby and then God brought Daniel into our lives. I look back now and the timing seems perfect...but, it didn't make the wait any less painful while we were going through the process. I know there is a reason we have not been matched with a child...it's just frustrating not being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

We are currently signed on with an agency that ministers to birthmothers; therefore, their central focus is making sure the needs of the birthmother are met. The problem is, since we have signed on, the "pool" of birthmothers has dwindled and the ratio to waiting families makes the possibility of us adopting from them very unlikely. And, at this point, we don't have the money to adopt through an agency-- so, I come to you internet friends.

We are hoping to adopt a boy or girl 5 years old or younger but would be open to a girl up to 6 or 7. We are also open to a pair of siblings. Of course, a baby would also be a wonderful addition to our home...we just want to emphasize that we are open to older children since they are typically harder to place. As for open or closed adoption, I guess that would really depend on the situation.

It breaks my heart to hear my son ask, almost on a daily basis, "Mommy, when can I have a 'brudder' or sister?" Please think of us if you know of, or hear about, any situations that might present an opportunity for us to build our family.

Thank you, guys. You have been so supportive in other areas of my life...I thought I'd turn to you for this one, too. :-)

If you need to contact us, I may be reached via email
here.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure God has a special child just for you. I will pray you meet him/her soon.

Blessings,
Julie

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

My aunt works as a counselor for a pregnancy crisis center. Does location matter? We're in Missouri.

Praying for you guys also...

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

no-- location does not matter at all...we went to Russia our first go round. Missouri would be a breeze. :-)

Anonymous said...

We will keep our ears open for yall. We know the struggle you are going thru and will keep you in our prayers.

Patti

Michelle said...

Have you considered adopting through the county/state? Our first adoption was a private adoption (a complete surprise and obviously a God thing). Our second adoption was our sibling group of three children (ages then were 8,5, and 16 months). We waited four years for our second adoption. We were almost at the point of giving up and after the children were placed with us we realized why it had taken so long....our youngest child hadn't been born yet.

If you have questions, I'm here.

Anonymous said...

Katie ... don't read this!

Okay, everybody else: Wish we could all just send a check to a fund set up to raise funds for these good parents to be able to get started rearing a child as soon as possible, even if the fees expenses got pricey (again).

Any ideas?