Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday!

This one is pretty simple...but, that's the point of Works for Me Wednesdays, right? Giving return address labels as a gift. HUH? It's very easy and makes for a wonderful, personalized addition to any gift (or, it could even serve as a small gift itself).

Last year, I included 6 or 7 pages of customized labels for my friend Cindy as part of her Christmas gift. It really was an afterthought...but she LOVED them. On each page (usually there are 30 labels per sheet) I did their name and address with a different piece of clip art and a different font. It was fun getting to design new ones for different purposes. Some pages were just plain cute (a house with a more casual font) while others were seasonal (Christmas, snowflakes, etc...) And then, I actually used a small picture of she and her husband to do a page of labels as well.

They really were a hit and are a practical gift that shows how much thought you put into customizing labels for their taste/needs. (I even did some for myself, too!)

Works for me! Also, if you would like to check out other WFMW ideas, head on over to Shannon's place...

*note: if you would like a copy of the template I used to get started, I would be happy to send it by email... I have a generic one done so that I can customize it for other families. Just send an email to ktbodiford@bellsouth.net If you will, just put "Return Label Request" in the subject line.

4 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

That is a GREAT idea! I love it.

Please can you send me the template

Marcia
Organise your home at http://takechargesolutions.org

Becky said...

I do this for my mom all the time, I print out sheets of labels for people she writes to often. She gets so many "beggar" labels that come in the mail asking for a donation that I don't do many labels for her. But I will give her a sheet of labels addressed to me, my sister, my children, her sisters and some others she loves to write to. Great idea and the labels are so inexpensive!!!

Jane said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I make my own but haven't made them for others.