Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday!


OK, this this is my first venture into the realm of "Works for Me Wednesday!" Basically, this idea forum is hosted by the wonderful Shannon of Rocks in My Dryer. Everyone shares something simple that "works for them" in their life...the topics are endless!

Here's mine (it's pretty basic):
Whenever I'm cleaning/straightening the house, I get very frustrated trying to pick-up things that don't belong in a certain room and get them to their right place. We happen to have a lot of stairs in our house, too which makes multiple trips up and down precarious.To save time (and the little precious energy I have), I go into each room and compile everything that belongs somewhere else. I place it in a basket that has two handles on it that I call the "Stuff Bus." Each room I enter, I drop off the things that go in there and pick up what doesn't. It has become a pretty efficient way of transporting objects through the house and, if I get sidetracked, I have a basket of things to distribute at a later time (instead of still having them strown about the house).

"Next stop...Master Bedroom!" Hey, it may sound silly, but it sure works for me on Wednesdays-- and every other day!

4 comments:

Rocks In My Dryer said...

I think it sounds like a great idea!

Lighthousegal said...

I agree, it sounds like a good idea and one that seems to be working. I just may have to try it myself.

Lisa said...

I love the "Stuff Bus" name! What a great idea!

kittyhox said...

What a good idea! I like the name, too. "Stuff Bus!" How cute.

Thanks for sharing! I just love organization and house-related tips!

:)