Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Miraculous...

(click icon above to visit
Tales from the Scales)

...that I did not gain 5 pounds this week. Ab.so.lute.ly miraculous. Whoda' thunk I'd have to sneak back-to-back funeral and weddings in during my weight loss challenge?

I'll set the scene: Mother-in-law's house. Thursday - Saturday. A platter of fresh, warm, chewy brownies sitting under a glass dome....mocking me. All but shouting "Katie! Katie! What's one, little brownie gonna hurt?" So, I had one little brownie. Then, a little while later...another. Then a couple more after dinner. Yep, you see where I'm going with this, don't you?

Oh, but it didn't stop with the brownies...some sort of apple thingie made by my sister-in-law that was a rectangular pan of dough-y goodness. (I had to try a little bit lest she get offended. Good try, huh?) Then there was the punch bowl fruity, cake concoction that contained every kind of fruit under the sun. Fruit? It's good for me. Must. eat. fruit. Nevermind the layer upon layer of moist, dense pound cake and cool whip tucked in between. Sigh....

Lunch was a buffet of dressing, casseroles...then, the wedding cake that afternoon. I should have to say no more.

Of course, I'm disappointed I didn't lose at least a pound. BUT--I did not gain, either. Now, many of you taking the challenge are probably celebrating will power from having abstained from this type of temptation. Well, I'm not there yet.

I did, however, walk this week. Once. But, hey, I got out there and did it. Oh, and I drank a good bit of water this week, too. Celebrate small victories in life, right?

Bottom line: 0 pounds lost.... o pounds gained! A miracle indeed.

15 comments:

Denise said...

Hang in there dear one, the pounds will come off.

Marti said...

So it definitely could have been worse. :)

Just say no! I always try to remind myself that it's just food and I'll probably have the chance to have the exact same thing again someday...so I don't have to eat it all now. :) (That's when I'm tempted to eat a whole pan of something.)

Laura said...

Celebrate small victories indeed!

I often tell myself when really tempted: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." A little victory paves the way for bigger ones.

Glad those yummy brownies didn't blow it all. ;)

Military Mommy said...

I think there's progress in you being able to look back and see things as they are. Next time, maybe just have one less thing. Baby steps. :)

I'm glad you didn't gain. Nothing lost, nothing gained. ;)

Here's to a great week

Amy said...

I'm with you on no loss, no gain this week. I'm celebrating that, considering as I was eating ice cream all weekend to soothe a sore throat. ;)

Terrillyn said...

I know what you mean about those brownies calling your name. Guacamole was yelling mine from the restaurant kitchen. I fell for it. I just love guacomole and it loves me - especially my thighs. All in all, I think you did just fine. You kept up the walking and that's so important.

Robin said...

I'd say it's a miracle you didn't gain anything!
I hope this week goes better for you!

Julie said...

Hey, we still have to live life. Some weeks will be better than others. Just hang in there and I am sure you will see results.

Good luck this week!

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean--I tell myself it's ok in moderation (and then I go a bit beyond moderation...like with the cookies I made for a get together this last week. One turned into 4!) I celebrate your 0 gain and here's to a loss next week!

Melanie said...

You must have been doing something right to be able to eat all that food and not gain anything!
I have weeks like that too- believe me, my willpower is non-exsistent. If it is in my house, I will eat it.
Have a better week.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Red Vines were my "brownies" this week!

Aisling said...

I'm late at visiting people's blogs, oops. Sounds like an ok week. Seriously, I consider no gain after events like that a great thing.

Lighthousegal said...

We all have weeks like that, and we have to take one step at a time. You have started to walk and have been drinking the water. That is a good start. Don't give up.

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by.....Hang in there and i'm sure there will be a loss for you next week

Cheers
Robin

Sandra Garcia said...

You and I share the same weakness. I LOVE sweets and I find it difficult to bypass them ... especially when they're homemade. I was salivating reading your post. Hope we do better this week.