Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How Much Do Contact Lenses Weigh?


I gained a half a pound.

And here is why I'm discouraged. I did so much better this week. I swam almost every day. Lap after lap. I drank water.... gulp. gulp. gulp. I ate grilled fish and went to the movies and ate a Special K bar instead of popcorn! I skipped Cinnabon and ate an apple at the mall. All week, I did so well.

Until yesterday. The weight I gained is probably ice cream cake sitting on my right hip. Pool party dessert that I brought because I couldn't think of anything else. Well, I certainly wasn't thinking of my lack of willpower when I made it! I ate some at the party and then I ate some when I brought it home.

BUT... surely that one lapse in will power wouldn't have caused me to gain weight? And, to the person whose blog I commented on that their gain must have been muscle weight? I apologize! :-) My husband told me that this morning and I wanted to bite his head off. It might very well be since I've been exercising...but that is certainly not going to motivate me to exercise on a hot summer day in Georgia.

OK, this week I will journal faithfully-- even though we are going on vacation and my diet will be tested beyond limits.

But I will keep going.


**by the way, if there is anyone else out there who has seriously considered how much contact lenses weigh... get in touch with me and I'll send you your "Welcome to the Freak Club" kit. I'm President and I would welcome the company. :-)

6 comments:

Denise said...

Sweety, do not be discouraged. The weight will come off, hang in there.

Unknown said...

It's easy to get down, but just keep on keeping on. You're doing great!! How many people would have jumped ship by now?

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I haven't considered how much contacts weigh, but have wondered if I cut my hair short how much I would "lose."

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

That is hilarious... hmmm.....

Military Mommy said...

I wear contacts! How much can I deduct? : )

Seriously, don't give up. You are doing so good. It will happen. :)

kittyhox said...

It's so hard at first. It helps me sometimes to think about it as a little longer term. Like, "I'm not going to worry about the scale going up or down week to week; I know that if I keep exercising daily and making smart choices for three months in a row, the scale will reflect my effort."

I know that "muscle weighs more than fat" comment doesn't really make one feel much better, does it? The worst is my sister-in-law. Whenever a person loses weight she always points out that the first five pounds are just water weight.

Nice! Also, who cares if it is milkshake weight or water weight, anyway! It's still weight and it still counts!

Hang in there. You can do it!!