Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday's Feast: May 4, 2007

(click the logo above to check out the Friday's Feast website.
If you'd like to visit other feasts, click on the comments
section and follow their name link!)

Appetizer ~ Name something you would not want to own?
I don't think that I would like to own a bowling alley. Dealing with all those smelly shoes and the incessant sound of pins being knocked down. Nope, not a dream of mine.

Soup ~ Describe your hair...(texture,color,length...)?
Medium-to-short blonde hair...straight. layered. never been colored but would love to try something exotic. :-)


Salad ~ Finish this sentence: "I'll never forget ____________."
The sound of my son's cry as they brought him down the hall in the orphanage...I had watched his video so many times that I instantly recognized it. I think my heart lept out of my chest.

Main Course ~ Which famous person would you like to be for one day and why?
President of the United States...but only for one day. One of the days when I'd fly into town on Air Force One...they'd shut down all the roads within a 400-mile radius with one of those rolling roadblocks...I'd do a ribbon cutting at a kid's library, meet the latest American Idol cast-off, find out if there really are UFO parts that the government is hiding in the White House basement, call Kentucky Fried chicken to find out what exactly ARE the 11 herbs and spices...then I'd have a big state dinner with Tina Turner entertaining. Good thing I haven't thought this through.

Dessert ~ Write one sentence that includes one thing that is true about you and one thing that is not: I have an irrational fear of balloons and my first job out of college was as a delivery driver for a florist shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We adopted a baby from China about a year ago so I can certainly relate :) Congratulations!! Happy Feasting.

Janet said...

Soup

My hair is long thick course and impossibly curly. It is brown with a lot of red in it. It has been colored or else would be brown and silver.

Salad

I will never forget the night my daughter was born. She came out screaming bloody murder. When they gave her to me and I spoke to her she went completely silent. She recognized my voice.

Main Course

I would like to be Oprah Winfrey. It would be great to reach so many people with such positive messages, to help all of those school girls in Africa and to have so damned much money.

Dessert

I once worked as a private investigator and had dogs chase after me and rifles aimed at me.
I met Stevie Nicks backstage at a concert in Houston and we exchanged curly hair advice.

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast. Thanks for stopping by mine.