Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Tale from My Scale


Well, I knew it would happen. Tuesday would roll around again. And, with this being the first weigh-in for our May Day Weight Loss Challenge, I dreaded it. BECAUSE, my dear friends, I did a bad thing. I jumped on the scales frequently this week. Slap my hand, please. Thank you. And, what frustrates me is at one point duirng the week, I had lost 6 pounds. SIX. As I am sitting here today, I watched that darn scale bounce up and down like someone was jumping on it. Sigh................

The bottom line is, as of this morning, I'm two pounds lighter than I was last Tuesday...but I've lost four pounds since April 30-- which was before the challenge so I can't really count it but I secretly do. :-) But, I shall only calculate from day 1 of the challenge, so here's my week's recap:

  • Did not get out and purposefully exercise (other than yardwork)

  • Started drinking water YESTERDAY (not good enough)

  • Got on the scales too much

  • Didn't plan out my meals

    Goal for this week:

  • Walk EVERY day!

  • Drink (5) of my big cups of water every day

  • STAY OFF THE SCALE (putting it up in my closet!)

  • Stock fridge with healthy snacks

So, that's it, ya'll. Not too bad...but coulda' done better. Thanks for caring enough to get to the end of this post. Maybe I'll have some more exciting progress next week!

10 comments:

Julie in Texas said...

Hey two pounds is nothing to sneeze at! You are two pounds lighter than last week and that is what is important.

I understand the scale thing. I on the other hand must weigh every day...sometimes everytime I go in the bathroom. Not healthy I know, but essential for me to stay with it.

Have a great week! Stay with your water and away from Sonic! ;-)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

OMG!!! Our post for today is very similar! Weight loss is weight loss. Period. Congrats and hope you have a great week.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Two pounds is two pounds! And, good foryou for putting up the scale. No point makin' yourself crazy. Good luck on fulfilling your new goals!

Melanie said...

Hey- 2 pounds is great! Imagine how great this next week will be if you follow your goals!
I, too weigh myself everyday. For me it is a must. It keeps me in check.

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

Two pounds is good! I'm a daily weigher, and I too was doing better on Friday than today, but Tuesday's are my "official" weigh-in, so that's what is "real" for me. Plus, if I put down Friday's weight as official, imagine how perfect I would have to be the rest of this week!

Denise said...

Good for you, woo hoo!!!

Robin said...

Good work! I weigh every day too - it keeps me accountable. If I don't weigh I have recognized that I am heading into denial.
I wish I had lost 2 lbs. this week. Oh well - I'm not giving up!

Sharon said...

Two pounds is great! I hope I can shed at least 2 lbs every week. I'd be jumping for joy! Keep up the good work!

Laura said...

Two pounds! Wahoo! Great goals too! :)

Katie said...

Two pounds is good!