Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I Survived Everest (and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!)

OK, so maybe it wasn't Everest. Maybe it wasn't even a mountain at all. It could have just been the hill from "h-e-double-hockey-sticks" in our neighborhood. Yes, it WAS my idea to start taking that route every morning-- but it's hard, ya'll. It's a gradual incline that gets steeper and steeper and since it now comes at the end of our 3 mile jaunt...it makes it that much harder.

But I do it.

Yeah, my calves were on FIRE...but maybe, just maybe, each day we do it will get a little easier.

The key is going to be sticking to this walking routine when my uber-fit and always encouraging walking partner goes back to being a teacher next week.

I will say (and not just cause I know she reads this)...she's so good for me. Kim calls faithfully every night to reconfirm that we're gonna go at 6:15am and she lovingly listens to me groan up and down the hills and she keeps me motivated.

Thanks, Kim. Are you SURE you wanna go back to school to educate our youth?? [sniff, sniff]

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm a teacher and I exercise in the school year. Can Kim go earlier? Can you go earlier? I have a friend that walks at 5 a.m. with her teacher friend ... then goes home and takes a nap! :-)

Yay! for you for tackling Everest/ the hill!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

I'm thinking that you are the Uber-woman for just getting up that early to 'just do it'!

LOVE DELILAH!!!

javamamma said...

Oh man, I need a 'Kim' in my life or I will never get out there. Ugh.