Friday, June 29, 2007

Tennis Balls and To-Do Lists

My 2 year old Golden Retriever Cassie loves tennis balls. I know that is a trait of retrievers, but this goes beyond anything I've ever seen. If she's awake, she has a tennis ball in her mouth. And, if she has a tennis ball in her mouth, she's gonna be giving me the old-fashioned staredown until I concede and play catch with her.

The funniest thing is when she has one in her mouth and I throw another one to her. She gets this perplexed, even panicked, look on her face and she drops the ball in her mouth and runs after the "new" one.

Don't we do that to some extent in our own lives? I know I do it with my time.

Like right now.

Daniel is at a friend's house for a playdate and I am bouncing around from chore to chore (or, truth be told, website to website) like a soldier on a weekend pass. Going from one thing to another without officially completing any task, I have "To-Do List ADD" of the worst kind today.

Does that ever happen to you? Please make me feel better. :-)

1 comment:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oh girl! Right now I'm cooling down (that's code for blogging) from mowing the lawn and I have crap everywhere. We're in the middle of moving rooms around. Of course that's EXACTLY what I should be doing just before company comes for the week! Tennis balls, tennis balls...everywhere!!!