Sunday, June 03, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I'm back from our brief vacation to Florida-- a trip that I neglected to tell you about prior to (probably from the combination of my packing whirlwind and yucky stomach bug). Also, I'm simply not used to the fact that more than one or two folks stop by here every day. To those of you nice enough to care a little about what I have to say...I'm back!

I did get to feeling better last Wednesday after recuperating from a 24-hour period of what I was sure was my certain demise. I had caught the stomach bug from my sweet boy who made a scene at Johnny Rocket's by, um...upheaving...tossing his cookies...all OVER the place. I was dining with my sis-in-law and nephew at the time and, let's just say, it wasn't pretty. That poor child became a "puke uzi" as I carried him face forward to the restroom. Yes, in hindsight, it would have been more sacrificial and courteous to face him toward my person...but...in a selfish moment of non-thinking...I only added to the spectacle as I carried him the (thankfully) short distance to the bathroom. An hour later, we are putting on the new clothes my sis-in-law had to go purchase and are heading home. Less than 24 hours later, I am suffering the same fate. Ahh, a joy of mommyhood--shared illness. :-)

Anyway, I digress!

We went to Navarre Beach, Florida and the weather was wonderful as was our time with our friends Billy and Deborah and their two kiddos. The first day out on the beach, Deb and I got a little crispy so the next day was spent inside recuperating and playing Phase 10-- a surefire candidate for my "Katie's Little Addictions" list. We walked along the beach, searched for shells, ate great seafood and generally relaxed. All in all, it was great to get away!

I hope to have some pictures posted tomorrow...

Thanks for checking in and I'm glad to be back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are all home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

welcome back!