Saturday, June 07, 2014

If You Need Me, I'm in the Bed Doing Absolutely Nothing

Yesterday Keith left to take the boys to his parents' house in Alabama where they'll be staying for the coming week while I'm traveling. The empty house gave me a chance to wrap up some last minute details for the event next week and to enjoy a few moments without hearing "he hit me" or "Mom would you tell (insert name here) to leave me alone?"

My responsibility next week in Seattle is to manage 30 models that are acting as spokespersons for my client at this conference. Guys and girls ranging in age from 18 to 32 who I am grooming to serve as "mobile concierges" for conference attendees. They also have no clue I am on Eastern time as my phone has rung on several occasions after midnight with questions about preparing for the job, where to park and if one guy's inner arm tattoo would be a problem.  This is going to be an interesting week to say the least. Come Friday you may find a blonde woman huddled in the fetal position in a room at the Sheraton Seattle rocking back and forth. :)

Taking advantage of an empty house, I have spent the entire morning engrossed in a book in bed. I have done NOTHING except start a load of laundry and let the dog out (well and played a few rounds of Words with Friends). But basically I have been useless. I can't remember the last time I have just laid in bed and done nothing. Guess I need to get up and try to feign some sort of productivity. Maybe I'll get dressed sometime today, too. The possibilities are endless.



No comments: