Friday, June 06, 2014

Just Me, Myself and I

The house is so quiet. Sooooo quiet. Cassie is asleep at my feet. The cat is out hunting some sort of wild boar I'm sure and I am alone. And it just started to storm again outside. Keith took the boys to Alabama today so they can stay there for a week while I'm working in Seattle. I've gotten so used to being with them 24-7 that the quiet is almost eerie.

I'm struggling a bit with Daniel's level of separation anxiety, though. He kept saying he would miss me too much and wouldn't stop crying. It's been going on for days and I have tried tenderness, I've tried humor and then I finally resorted to tough love and asking him to be strong for Jacob. He is also supposed to be going to Lee University in Tennessee the last week of the month for church camp and I hope this week will teach him he'll be ok.  It's not the first time he's been away so I'm not sure where this is coming from but it makes me sad. Trying to not cry myself, I told him "hey sometimes you wish I WASN'T around. Just think! You have a whole week without me!" Nope. That didn't work either. I did set him up an account on this walkie-talkie app I use so that we can talk throughout the week. Hoping that will help.

Did I mention how quiet it is????

::crickets chirping::

No comments: