- The kindness of a youth group leader to offer Daniel a free Braves ticket to accompany a middle school group to a baseball game today.
- My patient 6-year old watching me try on 50 outfits in a dressing room and not complaining one time
- Laughing as my 12-year old recounted how he spent the $10 I sent him to the game with (in addition to the lunch and snacks I packed him): unlimited popcorn bucket, cotton candy, cracker jacks and then "we stopped for ice cream on the way home!"
- The giggles of neighborhood kids as they flew down the slip 'n slide in our front yard.
- Breakfast for dinner and sliced strawberries and bananas for dessert
|Jacob "hanging" with Cassie|
|Daniel gets into the action after the ballgame|
There was nothing extraordinary about today. It was a hot, party cloudy, uneventful summer day. My kids got to be kids and I got to be their Mom. Doesn't get much better than that.