Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Update! Update!

I broke down and called the foster mother tonight. I had to...I couldn't wait a minute longer.

Her first words to me: "You, my dear, are the luckiest woman in the world. He is a WONNNNNNN-derful baby."

I simply can't convey what that did for my heart. Not that a fussy baby or a not-so-perfect baby would be any less of a joy for me. But, in a strange way, I was "proud" of him for doing so well after the transitions he's been through.

She indicated that he's a great sleeper and that he is so often content to just hang out watching everyone. She described his fingers as "long, piano-playing fingers" and said that he has the cutest, longest legs that kick out as she tries to button his sleepers... on his last visit he was right at 8 pounds and 22.5 inches long.

I just can't describe the longing I felt in my heart. She said she wants me to be with him more than anything but that she would certainly be sobbing when it came time for us to take him home. I assured her that they would always be a part of his life story...his angels.

She then kidded that she takes him to her ladies' "circle" at church and that they're sewing a diaper bag and blankets, etc. for him to take with him. God bless this couple for taking such good care of our child. Her comment was "he may never remember us, but I want him to know that while he was with us he was warm, safe and very loved."

In this situation, who could ask for more?

8 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

I can't think of a thing to say. It's like every time I read an update I just get overwhelmed and can't breathe for a few minutes. I am wishing my own life away waiting for Tuesday to get here, for y'all.

MMMPH. (That's a hug.)

M

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the tears first thing in the morning! At least my makeup's not on yet! It's so wonderful that Jacob's with such a loving couple. It's so close to his time to come be with his forever family!! I can't wait!

Shannon P.

Mari said...

What a blessing to hear that kind of news. Foster parents are so special. To be able to take care of these kids and then hand them to their parents takes a special kind of love!

Angela S said...

How wonderful! That seriously made me cry. I'm so happy your little boy is being blessed by such a great couple. Congrats! How many more days?

Anonymous said...

I wonder how one signs up to be an interim foster home? What a special joy to cuddle and snuggle a little one bound for a wonderful life and to be a stepping stone for making it all happen.

Burnsie

(And stop singing that dang song for cold weather. It's soooo nice to go out and feed horses at 6:30 a.m. and NOT have to bundle up. I'll be really mad at you all next week when I'm freezing my cha chas off!)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news Katie!! He is such a blessed boy to have so many caring people in his life!

Aimee R.

Beth Cotell said...

This brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy that your baby is being so well taken care of.

He must be able to feel all the love from so many people. What a lucky little boy!

Nicki said...

He is such a lucky little boy to be loved by so many great people!