Saturday, December 01, 2007

400

This is my 400th post to this blog. So, I shall do the traditional "400 things about me" post now.

1. You didn't really think I would list 400 things did you? :-)

I don't even KNOW 400 things about myself. But, what I do know is we're going to have a sweet baby boy in about 14 days! THAT'S when I'll discover 400 things I didn't know about babies, I assure you!

Well, the birthmother left the hospital today and was understandably emotional. The irony of our emotions yesterday really struck me. I cried last night fearing she had changed her mind. She was crying because she hadn't.... This little creature, so small and unknowing, has already made a significant impact on the hearts of many.

And so, I wait.

I wait to lay eyes on our little boy. I wait to show him his room with the bright red bird on the wall and rock him back and forth gently as I gaze at his itty bitty fingers and toes. I wait to see D. proudly don his "I'm the Big Brother" shirt which has lain dormant in his closet for who knows how long. I wait to kiss that sweet little spot on the back of his neck (you know, where the best source of neck sugar can be found). I wait to tell him the story of an unselfish love that brought him into our family. And, I wait to show him an unconditional love... one that he can carry with him for the rest of his life.

I wait...........

11 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

And the world waits with you... At least my corner of it.

Red bird? Tell me more.

Megan Cobb said...

And that song. I LOVE that song. By Fleetwood Mac, by Eva Cassidy... I think I'd like it by Barney. I have the HUGEST case of chillbumps on my chillbumps right now, just hearing it.

Anonymous said...

Waiting with you...in prayer, spirit, thoughts, and love

Anonymous said...

I am sending many thoughts and positive vibes your way, Katie.

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

OH my. I am so blessed to be following your journey. What a beautiful Christmas you will have!

Julie said...

Congratulations! How very blessed you are. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little man.

((Hugs))
Julie

MelDrop's Corner said...

And we wait with you. I can't wait to love on him and introduce him to his best friend, Jackson. hehe Tears well up every time I think about the little guy and the emotions you guys are going through. I'm already crazy about him and I haven't even met him! Hang in there, I promise, it won't be long...

lorettaspeaks said...

Waiting with you! :)

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you! I know the waiting. We went through it almost two years ago with my nephew. Congratulations and God bless!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

You guys are going to have one of the coolest Christmas' ever!

Nicki said...

We are all waiting with you!