Monday, June 09, 2008

It's All About the Planning


OK, so I stumbled upon the site OrgJunkie.com that encourages planning out your meals for the week... which I am ALL ABOUT by the way. And, because several folks have asked for some of the recipes we've been trying, I thought this would be a good way to post them all in one place.

Don't worry about these being Weight watchers/Core recipes...because they still sound delicious! In fact, I haven't tried one yet that I haven't loved. I guess that's why sticking to the plan has been so easy.
So, here is my meal plan for the week with links to the recipes I'm using. Let me know if you end up trying any of them!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
June 9 - 13, 2008
Monday
Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie with Cornbread Topping
Green salad with veggies and fat free dressing
Fresh cut fruit (cantaloupe, grapes, bananas)

Tuesday
Apricot Couscous
Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday
Fiesta Corn
Fat free refried beans with fat free cheese

Thursday
Sesame green beans
Grilled pineapple

Friday
--on the road/ eating out--

Enjoy! I'll let you know how they turn out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weekly menu really helps me out. I have become organized with a standard grocery shopping list. I write my menus on the back and check off what I need on the front. Keith thought I was crazy but it saves so much time when I try to figure out what I need.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the core and more! There are some great recipes I am going to try on there!

Also I would have to say, thank you for helping me avoid a piece of cake I have been thinking about for days at this restaraunt....I just HAD to have it and reading your blog, I avoided it!