Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Boys of Summer-- Day 2: May 28, 2014

Ahhh. As Daniel put it, "this is like our first REAL day of summer, Mom!"  Yes sir it was.

After finishing an early morning conference call about an upcoming event, I fixed the boys breakfast, straightened up, showered and we were ready to head out for the day. First stop:  HAIRCUTS!  Each one of my youngins had a mop full of hair and I know it felt good to get the obligatory summer shave. 

Trouble 1 and Trouble 2 :)

Group pic courtesy of Jacob 

Next up:  Movie time with a quick detour for Cheap Candy Procurement at the drug store. 62 boxes for $1or something ridiculous like that. We also grabbed a couple soft drinks and began stuffing my thankfully-oversized purse with the loot. Reese's Pieces--check. Whoppers--check. I draw the line at popping my own popcorn. Yes, I spent their combined college tuition on the bucket but it's all part of the experience. (plus, there's a dispenser for extra butter which Jacob made sure we stayed at for at least 35 minutes)

So, in we trot to see The Amazing Spiderman 2 with no less than 18 pounds of contraband on my shoulder. We were delighted to have the theater to ourselves and plunked down for the 2.5 hour show donning our oh-so-fashionable 3-D eyewear. The movie was great and I can't tell you how much I loved glancing over at each one of my kiddos glued to the screen with their hand in the popcorn bucket perched in my lap. 

On the way home, we stopped by the grocery store to grab something to make for dinner then rolled down our windows and sang at the top of our lungs all the way to the house. (I must say that my 6-year old singing every word to John Legend's "All of Me" tickles me...complete with dramatic facial expressions. Think I might have listened to it once or 20 times.)

Summertime is in full swing and I couldn't be more excited to share it with my fellas. 

Onto tomorrow...



No comments: