Saturday, February 15, 2014

Catching Up...

I did say I was going to be on here every day, didn't I? Oops.

This is a random post about random things until I can get back into the habit of posting every day. So, here goes:

Random Item #1:  Winter Wonderland, Cabin Fever and Such

Well The Storm Tracker Doppler Deluxe Wizometer 3000 on the news said it would be a whopper of a storm and they were right. A few inches of snow was pretty but it only hid the layer of thick ice underneath making travel impossible. Add to that no power for six hours and it makes for a nice little dose of cabin fever. And Monopoly by flashlight, folks? Never again. :)
The back yard the first morning... serene and peaceful when the sound of branches cracking didn't fill the air :)

The gas grill not quite ready for a cookout

My new mantra

Solo cup art ice sculpture

Family togetherness at its finest

Random Item #2:  Be My Valentine (Kindergarten Style)

I helped organize Jacob's Valentine's Day party and of course I get the honor of manning the Cookie Decorating Station From Hell. I am truly a glutton for punishment. Take a relatively sane 42 year old woman, stick her in a chair that belongs in a dollhouse surrounded by 10 or so Kindergartners at a time that are already hyped up on sugar. Insert into this scene of horror tubs of frosting, popsicle sticks and jars of colored sugar, sprinkles and cinnamon heart candies and you have a recipe for disaster.

And don't let the angelic face below fool you (Jacob, not me) :)  As you can clearly see, his sprinkle to cookie ratio is clearly in favor of toppings. After a few kiddos taking the lid off and dumping an entire jar of rainbow sprinkles out on the table and screaming in delight as they swing their arms through them sending colored morsels through the air, I hereby bequeath my title of Momma Most Easily Suckered Into Manning the Cookie Table to someone more emotionally qualified. 



And that's all I've got for now, y'all. More later.

No comments: