Monday, March 10, 2008

Various and Sundry Random Miscellany

How is that for a non-commital title?

THE MOVE--Breathe, Katie. The movers will be here, unm, tomorrow. Yep. Not in a month...or even a week. TOMORROW (Tuesdyy a.m.). In true anal annie style that my friends know me best for, I have gone through the house taping up signs that indicate how stacks of itmes should be labeled. Since we are only going to be in this new house for a year (renting until we decide where to buy or build) we don't want to have to unpack EVERYthing only to re-pack and store it. Yes, our home closely resembles a discount warehouse but at least I have some tiny little semblance of peace that it won't be chaos. Or, at least it will be sorta-organized chaos. Breathe.......................

THE WEATHER--stunningly beautiful today. Shorts weather today. Snow showers 2 days ago. It's a wonder we don't all have P-noo-monia.

AMERICAN IDOL--Sad that I am tucking this in a laundry-list of a post...but I haven't had the wherewithal to write at length about it (not that I've had such riveting material in its place, mind you). Here's my lowdown for fellow AI'ers:

  • I'm lovin' the David's. Archuleta, Cook and Hernandez. Love 'em all.

  • I just want to squeeze Parcheesi, I mean Jacuzzi's..er...Chikezie's cheeks. He's so darn cute.

  • Jason and Michael are as cute as they can be, but I haven't been wowed with their vocals just yet. To me, they've just been "aw-ite, dawg, you know...just aw-ite"

  • As for the girls... well, Amada scares me...she'd hurt me for sure. Brooke is great but I just want to find out she's done ONE thing wrong in her life. One . Carly is amazing but she'd kind of got the whole "I've had a record deal before" stigma going on.

  • Kristy Lee Cook's figure MAKES. ME. ILL.

  • Syesha is a great singer...but a super star? And little Ramiele? Adorable.

  • The judges are getting on my nerves. Bickering. Jokes about the contestants. be cool guys.

  • Ryan should leave well enough alone. I'm bored with his Simon-bashing. Blah, blah, blah.

3:39 am--It is 20 minutes til 4 a.m. and I am still working to get things ready for the movers tomorrow (or TODAY since they'll be here in a few hours!). With a 6 year old and an infant, this is literally the ONLY time I can get what I need to get done. If I don't turn it in, I'll be good for nothin' tomorrow. Must........get..........sleep.

Please excuse my absence lately. Once we get moved, I promise to get back in the groove.

More later.........





5 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

Good luck with the move! :) I'll be thinking of you and hoping it all goes smoothly...

Melissa said...

I love your idea of labelling sections. I wish I'd had it myself back in September. :o)
Praying for a smooth pack -- and un-pack on the other side.

Code Yellow Mom said...

Good luck with the move.

We're moving overseas this summer and I already have anal annie's ulcers, but have done NOTHING...BREEEEEAAAAATHE....is right!

See you on the other side!

Amber said...

hopefully you are experiencing some level of peace right now :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Wow! It is really happening! :) Congrats!

AI... I love Brooke and Jason and Chekezie was AWESOME tonight. The Davids are all good. I hope Sayesia (sp?) goes home first. Did you get to see it,what with all the moving??