THE MOVE--Breathe, Katie. The movers will be here, unm, tomorrow. Yep. Not in a month...or even a week. TOMORROW (Tuesdyy a.m.). In true anal annie style that my friends know me best for, I have gone through the house taping up signs that indicate how stacks of itmes should be labeled. Since we are only going to be in this new house for a year (renting until we decide where to buy or build) we don't want to have to unpack EVERYthing only to re-pack and store it. Yes, our home closely resembles a discount warehouse but at least I have some tiny little semblance of peace that it won't be chaos. Or, at least it will be sorta-organized chaos. Breathe.......................
THE WEATHER--stunningly beautiful today. Shorts weather today. Snow showers 2 days ago. It's a wonder we don't all have P-noo-monia.
AMERICAN IDOL--Sad that I am tucking this in a laundry-list of a post...but I haven't had the wherewithal to write at length about it (not that I've had such riveting material in its place, mind you). Here's my lowdown for fellow AI'ers:
- I'm lovin' the David's. Archuleta, Cook and Hernandez. Love 'em all.
- I just want to squeeze Parcheesi, I mean Jacuzzi's..er...Chikezie's cheeks. He's so darn cute.
- Jason and Michael are as cute as they can be, but I haven't been wowed with their vocals just yet. To me, they've just been "aw-ite, dawg, you know...just aw-ite"
- As for the girls... well, Amada scares me...she'd hurt me for sure. Brooke is great but I just want to find out she's done ONE thing wrong in her life. One . Carly is amazing but she'd kind of got the whole "I've had a record deal before" stigma going on.
- Kristy Lee Cook's figure MAKES. ME. ILL.
- Syesha is a great singer...but a super star? And little Ramiele? Adorable.
- The judges are getting on my nerves. Bickering. Jokes about the contestants. be cool guys.
- Ryan should leave well enough alone. I'm bored with his Simon-bashing. Blah, blah, blah.
3:39 am--It is 20 minutes til 4 a.m. and I am still working to get things ready for the movers tomorrow (or TODAY since they'll be here in a few hours!). With a 6 year old and an infant, this is literally the ONLY time I can get what I need to get done. If I don't turn it in, I'll be good for nothin' tomorrow. Must........get..........sleep.
Please excuse my absence lately. Once we get moved, I promise to get back in the groove.