Saturday, March 22, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

My son. My sweet, brilliant, excitable, maddening, funny, funny six-year old child. Oh, how you make me laugh.

Last night (setting the scene): Time for D. to go to bed. Has not brushed teeth. Despises brushing teeth. Mom tells him to go brush teeth. D. slams both hands down on his lap simultaneously in frustration.

Me: (obviously sarcastic) "ooh, knick-knack, paddy-wack. Is that what you're wanting to play?"
D: "no, I'm playing knick-knack MAD-ee-wack."

Oh yeah. Those teenage years are gonna be a breeze.

2 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

O.k., that's just awesome! (The comic timing... not that it's good that the teenage years are going to be rough...

Anonymous said...

Oh the future I see...I will be available for counseling during his middle school years - or maybe he should just come live with us during that period so that he will make it to high school... LOL! :-)
Denny