1. The movers left yesterday after unpacking all our stuff
2. Unpacking by movers consists of them emptying all of your stuff onto whatever solid surface they can find and then they leave
3. I shant be utilizing unpacking services in the future
4. You don't really think I am going to list 1,053 things, do you?
5. I probably could, though
6. I love our new area
7. I love our new house--even though we're renting
8. I love our new SuperTarget enough that my hubby has already banned me from going there because I went in for a plunger Sunday night and left with $195 worth of stuff
9. Yes, D. really needed those flip flops
10. And yes, I really needed that lite garlic herb cream cheese
11. Our new neighbors brought us food. I love them.
12. D.'s new school is out in the country....it's such a BEAUtiful drive
13. At church Sunday, I saw a friend of mine that I graduated high school with...he and his wife also adopted a son from Russia and have a 6-year old boy. Small, small world.
14. I think my 6 year old is going for a record for swinging on a backyard swing. He loves that thing.
OK, I'll spare you more laundry list. We love it here. I am loving the rolling countrysides that greet me everywhere and the big, open skies and friendly people. I am loving the AMOUNT OF STORAGE we have in this house and am wondering how in the heck we're going to be able to match it when we either buy or build in a year or so. Hubs is loving his job and he really enjoys having someone say "hey--we're so glad you're here." Who wouldn't love to hear that?
There was so much to update you on but my mind is failing me. I really did spend $195 in Target because, well, it's Brand Spankin' New. New cool plastic buggies, clean aisles fully stocked with stuff. Did I mention I went there alone? I was in heaven.
I am trying to dig out from under the Pile o' Mess I was left with yesterday. My kitchen....oh, my kitchen. It waits for me, begging for me to relieve its counters of the random objects perched there. In one spot is a sticky note pad, a small whisk, extra buttons, a stray cookbook, parts to a slicing thingie, a puzzle and my camera battery charger. Do you see why that stresses me out? I quite prefer the neat stack of dishes waiting to be tucked away. Oh, yeah. Me likey the stacked stuff.
The boys are doing well and are adjusting to their new place. It feels good here. I'm excited to see what our new area holds in store!