Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Well, We're Movin' on Up...

...up north, that is.

(Well, north for us, anyway!) My hubby has accepted a new position at a company in Nashville, Tennessee! Right now, we're just north of Atlanta and, although I've moved many times, this one has me a little woozy.

With a new baby, an event in April that I'm planning and a house to sell...my head spins at the thought of all there is to do! Getting the house ready to sell ("Realtor ready" as my Mom used to call it) while hubby starts his new job and I'm here with the kiddos and a crazy golden retriever is more than a little scary. I can't tell ya how many times I've said "I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me..." but the proposition stills seems a bit daunting.

That said, we are excited about the opportunity and enjoyed getting to explore the area a bit when we went up last week for the interview. The job is actually in Brentwood which is south of Nashville and there are plenty of beautiful areas around there from which to choose.

So, if my blogging is a bit spotty for the next few months, don't give up on me. I'm either planning a meeting, changing a diaper, trying my best to get a burp, helping with homework, giving a bath, walking a dog or cleaning something.

But I will be back. I'm sure I'll have plenty of exciting things to write about from our new home. You know...line dancing lessons, lunch with Garth and Trisha... oh, all the regular ol' mundane stuff that I always share with you.

[wink]

Hang in there with me, folks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our baby was just 3 days old when my husband had to leave for Texas to start his new job. Our four other kids had just started school, I was on bed rest postpartum because of some health problems. Boy, it was CRAZY! And now that we're all together and past that, we just shake our heads and wonder how we did it all. It is *absolutely* and *only* because of our obedience and faith. It is so amazing that after all we can do for ourselves, Christ will come in and make up the difference. What a beautiful principle of the gospel!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Congratulations to your husband and your whole family! I'm a new reader, and I just lived through a year like the one you are anticipating. So I'll enjoy following your progress.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!! So exciting!!!

Because I know God has good and perfect plans to prosper you, I know this will be a great move for you!!

I moved across the country from sunny, warm Florida to snowy, cold Indiana the week of Christmas when I had a three year old, a one year old, and an eight week old. Somehow it all gets done and you survive. And then you look back and wonder how on earth you did it. :) It will be great!

I think of you a zillion times a day- I have your card above my sink. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I can't believe you're leaving!! I went to high school in Franklin (next to Brentwood). I love it there and go back about every 8-12 weeks (I still get my hair done there - how pathetic is that?!?!) If you need suggestions on areas, schools, etc. I'd be happy to give you opinions! Feel free to email me - spinchok @ hotmail.com

Our house is on the market, too! Good luck to you selling yours!

Will you let Daniel finish out the school year here, or move as soon as the house sells?

Shannon P.

Sincerely Anna said...

Congratulations! Aw, too bad you can't take that cute nursery with you when you move, though!

Anonymous said...

But . . . but . . . I just met you!? I know, selfish comment. I apologize.

Congratulations on the news of the new job! Browns Bridge is sure going to miss your family.

Eric and I would still like to get together even if it's a quick meal or something, but that may not fit your hectic and increasingly hectic schedule. You've got so much rich knowledge that I really want to tap into!

If your family needs a helping hand in the weeks to come, we're just down the street!

Joanna said...

Congrats on the new job! So sorry with all that entails. It might sound lame but baby step your way through it. I get overwhelmed easily so I have to trick myself into just doing one thing at a time.
But you're much more with it than I am so it should be a breeze for you! :)

Jenny86753oh9 said...

OH...you are going to be so much mroe busy. We almost moved to Nashville last year. It's an awesome town. Get your boots and glitter ready, girl!