Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Dear KT:

I wanted to do something special for you this Valentines Day. The easy thing would’ve been for me to buy something from a store, but I wanted to give you something you can hold on to.

Although the posts on your blog tell a lot about you as a person, they only tell your side of the story….I’d like to take some space to let everyone know my side of the story by thanking you for just a few of the ways you have made my life wonderful…

Thank you for taking a chance on me 15 years ago.

Thank you for your honesty and bravery during the storms of life

Thank you for making our house a home

Thank you for making me want to come home to you everyday

Thank you for teaching me to find the beauty in the everyday things (like the sound of a rainstorm)

Thank you for challenging me to become a stronger person

Thank you for believing in me

Thank you for allowing me to follow my dreams

Thank you for keeping me grounded

Thank you for being a wonderful mom to the boys

Thank you for wanting to be the kool-aid mom

Thank you for wanting to be a better mother even though you know the challenges that lie ahead

There are so many more things for which I could say thank you, but this space just doesn’t have enough room. I just wanted to share a very brief glimpse of the person who makes my life complete.

Happy Valentines Day. I love you with all my heart.

Love,

P

PS I forgot to thank you for the boat you said I might get to own one day, maybe...

7 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

WHAT AN AWESOME TRIBUTE. And Mama Katie is most certainly fully deserving of such praise. Thanks for sharing this!

M

Amber said...

so incredibly sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Dangit Keith, I do not wear waterproof mascara. You ought to warn a girl before posting such eloquent feelings. I can't go home looking like a raccoon on V-Day! Hope you get your boat soon...

Burnsie

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Mega points for P!
So wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....can I marry him, too!?!?!
That is just WAY too cool--
so sweet!
And Katie, so perfect for YOU! That it all so true of you!
You are one amazing woman...glad you found such an amazing man!
Much love to you today--enjoy/celebrate/rejoice in all the love flying there!
c

MelDrop's Corner said...

wow...I'm impressed mr. b. :-)

Anonymous said...

Someone give me a hankie! K, convince Loretta that I need a boat, too.