Sunday, January 06, 2008

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I had a heart attack tonight at the hands of my soon-to-be-ex-husband.

OK, so I'm sort of kidding about the divorce thing...maybe.

I was sitting here just a few precious minutes ago in quiet solitude writing thank you notes. Did I mention it's quiet? All the guys (including the husband person) were asleep-- so I thought.

All of a sudden, I hear hubs cry out "give me back my covers."

What?

After a few moments, he said it again...this time louder. "Quit taking my covers!"

Now, let me say that D. was tucked safely in his bed and our 5 week old was not in the bed with my hubby, either. My first thought was that he was having a bad dream. But, then I got spooked. Who or WHAT kept taking my husband's covers? I got up slowly, walked down the hallway and turned the corner into our bedroom where I proceeded to scream out in utter terror.

There, lying in my spot in the bed, was an 8 ft. illuminated Santa Clause humming like only a never-to-be-used-in-my-yard-again inflatable object can. I have never seen my husband laugh so hard.

I wonder what time the courthouse opens?

12 comments:

Loretta Speaks said...

He's is pur t crazy!!!!!

Melissa said...

Now might be a good time to poke a few holes in a few strategic places...

Stacey said...

I LOVE IT!! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melissa, but I think you should be poking the holes in KEITH!! :-)

Burnsie

Rebecca said...

Sounds like someone's a bit sleep-deprived. :)

Pretty funny stuff...

Jennifer said...

Hilarious! I love it!
Smiles!

Nicki said...

Too funny. Everyone a little punchy due to a lack of sleep?

Jen G said...

HAhahahahahaha!! Too funny!

Joanna said...

Oh my! That's dirty. Being sleep deprived only makes it worse. So are you plotting your revenge?

i should be folding laundry said...

What a hoot. He sounds like so much fun!

Jen said...

That is stinkin' funny!!!

Michelle said...

That's hilarious!