Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Saturday...

I'm Dreaming of a White Saturday
A snowed in day for us to see
Chunks of pine straw glisten
As children listen
For neighbors filled with joy and glee

I'm dreaming of a white Saturday
As milk and bread I rush to buy
Where the shoppers hustle
And flex their muscles
To grab the very last bag of rye

***

Yes siree folks, it's Winter Storm Warning Blizzard Watch Alert 2008 here in North Georgia and we are bracing for the tumultuous storm approaching... where the drifts could reach a whole inch and we're sure to be "snowed in" for, well, minutes at least!

We are bracing... hoping...watching...baking.

Please be safe out there fellow Southerners. It's a mad, mad, weather world.

5 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Winter Storm Warning Blizzard Watch Alert?! Wow. That's a whole lotta bad weather.

It is just stinking cold here today; 8 degrees right now.

MelDrop's Corner said...

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. we're ready over here and it's coming down like crazy. so pretty.

Nicki said...

It's just real freakin' cold up here in the midwest. Too cold to snow--a high of 8 today and a low of -5! I'm hibernating!

Anonymous said...

Bring it on Baby!! We have snow-age in the south metro. Heavy dusting on the ground and continuing to accumulate! Yahooo, where's Jim Cantore? This is epic!
(yes, I am a native southerner and would whimper uncontrollably if I were faced with real snow anywhere other than on our annual ski trip.) :-)

Burnsie

Anonymous said...

I actually heard Jim Cantore was in Piedmont Park today broadcasting! I'm happy to say I'm in Nashville this weekend, enjoying some snow-free weather! :-)

Shannon P.