Thursday, February 23, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

Apologies to my millions of blogfans out there who have written and called demanding that I blog immediately. OK, so maybe no one has mentioned it, but I have missed jotting down my daily thoughts. Unfortunately, I have been under the weather with a delicious-sounding illness: an intestinal virus. Doesn't that have such a nice sound to it? Although it has been an effective weight loss tool (6 pounds so far), I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Now that I am back in the land of the living, I thought I'd comment on...well, my blessings. I told Keith that I can't imagine what people who go for months without food and water must experience in terms of pain and discomfort. I know I touched on that in an earlier blog about the story on Oprah. But, seriously...I was mildly dehydrated for 24 hours due to this virus and wasn't able to eat or drink anything without dire consequences (I'll spare you any further details). My legs hurt terribly, I was weak and my stomach felt as if someone were twisting it in their fist as hard as they could. I finally was able to keep something down this morning and feel 100% better. How do malnourished/starving people go on like this for most, if not all, of their lives?

Just makes me grateful once again for my health and for the blessings that we have been given. Life isn't always pretty, but at least I have the comfort of knowing it can always get better.

No comments: