Saturday, February 18, 2006

Little Domestic Pleasures

When did I officially move into true, not-one-ounce-of-coolness-left, adulthood? When I realized that Keith and I were thrilled to be able to spend our Friday evening and Saturday morning organizing our utility room and hall closet! The excitement was palpable as we finished installing new shelving in the utility room and giddily re-stocked said shelves with laundry detergent, paper towels and toilet paper. Yes, I realize that my coolness-quotient just hit an all-time low, butI don't care...I'm organized!


The same goes for the hall closet. Before this morning, it was a mound of coats, hats, gloves, board games, wreaths and various picture frames and an occasional card searching for its deck (not to mention Halloween candy and a handful of matchbox cars). Now, it is a true coat closet. Coats hung on hangers (believe it or not!) and a vacuum and some TV trays. Ahhh...the guilty pleasure of spring cleaning in February.


This whole entry may seem more mental illness than domestic pleasure. But, to a control freak with nothing else to do on a cold, rainy Saturday morning, it has been sheer heaven. I think I need to go peek at our accomplishments one more time... :-)

No comments: