Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Addiction # 457

Hello. My name is Katie and I am addicted to Sharpie pens.

"Hello, Katie." (the people in the circle of chairs chant back to me)

I am addicted, ya'll. I love Sharpies more than just about any kind of office supply. And, that's saying a lot. Now they've come out with the little Sharpies that hang off a keyring and you have them at your disposal at all time.

(Katie purrs)

When did I become addicted to office supplies? I'm drawn to the writing utensil section of Office Depot like moth to flame...like white on rice...like...well, you get my point. Gel pens, ballpoints, big pens, little pens, colored markers, crayons and big pads of white paper. Oh my goodness. It's enough to get my heart racing.

Just the other day, I bought my 5-year old a brand new box of crayolas...the 64 variety with all the metallics and beauties like "cornflower blue" and "magenta." I have to admit that I've used them almost as much as he has. I love, love, love doodling, coloring, drawing. Sigh....

But, the little Sharpies take the cake. Give me some Sharpie pens and blank file folders and it might as well be Christmas morn.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee pens. Pens, pens, pens......


Don't worry. I scare me sometimes, too.

7 comments:

Polly said...

Ha! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I LOVE office supply stores too--and my husband is asked at least once a week "WHERE IS THE SHARPIE????"

I think I need to buy more than one!:)

Kay Day said...

I love office supplies, too. And crayons?!!
Just the other day I found myself drawn to a big 90+ box of crayons. Ohhhh. But I shook my head, straighteded my shoulders and walked right on by. I still think about them, though

Nicki said...

I understand. My husband has a pen fetish too:)

Megan Cobb said...

We bought a 4 pack of Sharpies with a FREE keyring baby Sharpie, which Al quickly claimed for himself. RASCAL.

He sleeps with his keys clenched tightly in his hand now. If I touch him, his grip on them tightens.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I feel your sentiments exactly. I have a huge Sharpie addiction as well! I LOVE sharpies!! The clicker kind are my favorite!!!!! (But don't be fooled - I also have the keyring kind, the skinny ones, the fat ones., etc., etc.)

Oh - and, um - GO VOLS! :-)

Shannon~ (your local Wal-Mart/NLBC /occasionally see you but I'm sure you didn't know my name, acquaintance) *smile*
www.thepinchokpost.com

Julie said...

I have the same addiction. I love me a good pen, and I have all the colors of the rainbow in Sharpie form. I love the new ball point sharpies that retract. Yes, it is an addiction. lol

The Gal Herself said...

Don't know if it was ever an addiction, but there was a time when clips took up an inordinate amount of my time. Binder clips, paper clips … big ones, little ones … I think each of us has been, at one time or another, enthralled with office supplies.