Friday, September 07, 2007

Anyone Know Spanish?

In my grand style of poor timing, we are having new carpet installed in our house today. Today. Of all days. But, considering my last post and repentance for shallow worrying, I shall not make a big deal of it. I will only say that it looks like we're moving and we've had to totally clear all our bedrooms and downstairs living room of "stuff." Today. The last good working day before next week's conference.

They were supposed to install while I was in New York but called to ask if this morning was O.K. And, of course, in true Katie fashion, never to tell anyone "no," I said "no problem."

So, now there are three very nice hispanic men who don't speak a lick of English tromping all over my new light-colored carpet in their tennis shoes as they install. I have said a couple times "I sure hope your shoes are clean" (do you see my eye twitching?) All I get is a laugh.

I'm not kidding mi amigos.

Do you think "Seniora no wanto no dirto on me carpeto!" will work?

Amazing how quickly I slip back into my worldy ways and worry about the little stuff.

2 comments:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Yo es muy funnio!!!!

Megan Cobb said...

OH I wish I remembered a little more Spanish from my college days. I can't believe they aren't wearing those little shoe booties. All the service people around here wear them and while they're here I feel like I'm on a really weird, unfunny episode of SCRUBS. It's just not the same without Zach Braff.