Sunday, September 02, 2007

100 Things About Me

1. I am a Christian and attend a wonderful church. We are very blessed.
2. I was born in Atlanta, GA and I live in Atlanta, GA.
3. I've also lived in 4 other states in between.
4. And have had 23 different addresses in my life.
5. No, my Dad was not in the military when I was growing up.
6. He was a food engineer and we were transferred a lot.
7. I loved moving a lot as a child.
8. I have a younger sister that looks a lot like me and shares my memory.
9. She lives in Florida-- about 9 hours from here. 9 hours too far.
10. My hubby is a very patient and understanding man.
11. Some days, I believe he is on a mission from God.
12. I've been married for nearly 13 years.
13. I have one child--a son--that grew inside my heart instead of my tummy.
14. He has taken up permanent residence there.
15. I played tennis on scholarship in college. I was in shape then. ::Sigh::
16. Fall is, without question, my favorite time of year.
17. The sound of crickets chirping in the evening makes me happy.
18. I make a mean vidalia onion pie.
19. My sister-in-law Summer despises onions but loves this pie.
20. I procrastinate. In fact, I think I'll finish this list later. Kidding.
21. I'm a calligrapher that specializes in addressing wedding invitations.
22. I once addressed a wedding invitation to every single address in Pelahatchie, Mississippi.
23. The zip code in Pelahatchie, Mississippi is 39145.
24. One of my favorite smells is a rainstorm approaching. Oh, and fresh cut grass.
25. I can quote the movie "Steel Magnolias" line by line.
26. I plan events for a living and pay $71 per person for scrambled eggs and bacon at large hotels.
27. I think I'll have my next big meeting at the Waffle House.
28. I can eat a huge breakfast at the Waffle House for $3.48.
29. Eighties movies and song lyrics are my specialty.
30. I light up when my child gives me an unsolicited kiss.
31. I wanted to be Michelle Pfeiffer's character in Grease 2 when I grew up.
32. I can still sing every word to every song in that movie.
33. I have visited 9 different countries.
34. I'm right-handed but always wanted to be a lefty.
35. My son is a lefty.
36. My favorite word is "serendipity."
37. My least favorite word is "moist."
38. I talked to O.J. Simpson in the driveway of his home with no one else around but his son.
39. It was 2 weeks after he was acquitted.
40. I'm thinking that was one of the strangest things I've ever done.
41. I'm fascinated by bad weather.
42. I'm deathly afraid of lightning.
43. Do you see my conundrum?
44. I still love Bon Jovi to this day.
45. I collect cookbooks.
46. I love pens.
47. I live with a crazed golden retriever named Cassie.
48. I do not cheat at Monopoly.
49. No matter what my sister-in-law Tonia says.
50. I'm a list-making freakaholic.
51. My favorite food is taco salad. Hold the salad.
52. I could spend days in Barnes and Noble.
53. I was a radio DJ right after college.
54. My Mom used to love to hear my "radio voice."
55. My Mom died of cancer in March 2003.
56. Don't know if I'll ever really get used to the fact that she's gone.
57. My son prays to God to "take care of his Grammy."
58. I love candles and have one, two or five burning at all times.
59. Kelly Clarkson rocks.
60. I love me some American Idol.
61. I voted for Chris Daughtry almost as many times as my friend Cindy.
62. Cindy voted a bazillion and fifty times.
63. I know where to find toothpicks in Wal-Mart.
64. They're on the aisle with the kitchen gadgets.
65. I love to read and write poetry.
66. I do not like mustard.
67. A box of colored pencils and a blank pad of paper...sheer heaven to me.
68. I believe Heely's (the roller skating shoe thingies) should be outlawed in stores.
69. I learned to ski in the Swiss Alps.
70. I had never seen snow before that day.
71. I love the movie "Christmas Vacation."
72. I always wanted to be a professional figure skater.
73. And an astronaut.
74. Neither of which will ever happen.
75. I have a freakish memory with numbers and names.
76. My son has a freakish memory with TV commercials.
77. I love John Denver.
78. We are trying to adopt a second child and have been for a year.
79. I LOVE playing games.
80. My husband does not LOVE playing games.
81. I majored in marketing and minored in Graphic Design in college.
82. I had planned to study geratric nursing.
83. I love the beach but I hate walking in sand.
84. I sleep with one foot outside the covers.
85. I love to sing.
86. I'm kinda sorta addicted to YouTube.
87. I'm really addicted to Spider Solitaire.
88. I drive too fast.
89. I drive faster than I thought because my speedometer is off by 4%.
90. I'm a geography buff...love me some maps!
91. I love writing on wipe-off boards.
92. I want to live in the mountains.
93. Zip-lock bags are awesome and feed my need to compartmentalize.
94. I type really fast... with three fingers and a thumb.
95. I want to exercise more.
96. That was a lie.
97. I need to exercise more.
98. I think Meryl Streep is a phenomenal actress.
99. I do not like ironing.
100. I'm thinking 100 things about me is probably 97 or 98 too many.

8 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

I wanted to be Michelle Pfeiffer in Tequila Sunrise, I used to plan events for a living, I drive too fast. I love eighties music and breakfast at Waffle House. I think I miss you now and I haven't even met you! ;)

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

What? No addiction to zip-lock bags, too? :-) hee hee

Megan Cobb said...

I figured that'd go without saying...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love the onion pie. My Keith puts one leg out at night "so it can breath." Go figure. Yes, you AND Tonia cheat at Monopoly. Btw, new pics on myspace.

Beth said...

"why you so chipper? you run over a small child on your way over?"

Great list!

Anonymous said...

that was awesome. enjoyed it very much.

lorettaspeaks said...

That was fun. Do another.

Anonymous said...

I can personally vouch for #25. I've heard every line from "Steel Magnolias" and I haven't even seen the movie! BTW, if you had voted a bazillion and fifty times for Chris Daughtry too, maybe he wouldn't have been voted off!