Friday, April 21, 2006

Where I'd Like To Be....


Let's see...it's one of those straw huts in a far off place like Tahiti or Fiji. It sits precariously over a pristine inlet of the Pacific Ocean and is surrounded by no visible signs of civilization. The cool breeze is rising off the water and gently lifting the curtains causing them to perform their own waltz...or perhaps a tango. The water laps at the support posts below and it tantalizes me into a dreamlike state. Each afternoon, a cleansing rain falls causing little droplets to splash upon the glassy surface of blue-blue water. I listen closely and swear I hear tiny "kerplunks" calling out to me. I respond and walk out the back door and slip into the ocean--it's salty embrace welcomes me...

Deep Sigh..........I must stop now. If I keep going, I will become very, very depressed.

No comments: