Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The More I Know...

the more I find out that I don't know...or so the saying goes.

There are so many things in life that I have yet to discover. I realize that each time I fall in love with a new singer...or song...or painter...anything that becomes my temporary passion. Just when I think I have a firm grasp on my favorites in life, along comes something else that sweeps me off my feet.

Take Eva Cassidy, for example. I had no idea this musical artist existed until I saw Michelle Kwan skate at the Olympics while a stunning version of "Fields of Gold" played in the background. "Who is this artist?" I wondered. It wasn't until my friend Debbie clipped a Wall Street Journal piece about Eva (who died at age 35 of melanoma) that I found out who my mystery artist was. I now own all her music and count her as one of my favorite artists.

I guess that's the good thing about life. Just when you think you are surrounded by all the things you could ever love, something comes along that inspires you just a little bit more. What would life be without the hope of good things to come?

No comments: