Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh What a Night

Oh my. I haven't been that into a football game since I don't know when. We screeched in from our trip to Knoxville just in time for kick-off, hunkered down in the living room and tuned in. This was a biggie...our eighth-ranked Crimson Tide taking on number 3 Georgia "Between the Hedges" (in Athens). The game ensued. And then we scored. And scored again...and again...and again until it was an astounding 31-0 at halftime. It was unreal.  

In the third quarter we looked like we had fallen asleep in the locker room under the veil of a comfortable lead but we woke up and closed it out 41-30 for the win. Between jumping off the couch (much to my dismay considering the carefully-folded laundry stacks that flew with me) to texting my bro-in-law with updates every 9 seconds or so, it was quite an evening.

I'm so proud of this team. And no, I'm not uttering words like SEC Championship, National Championship or anything of the like...but for one night, on my couch in Franklin, Tennessee surrounded by boxes of unpacked possessions and strown laundry, I had a heck of a good time.

1 comment:

Myrtle's Mayhem said...

Roll Tide Roll!

:) meredith