Friday, April 20, 2007

Sing...Sing a Song....

OK, so I guess I'm really enjoying the challenge of these blog surveys I have come across; only, this one is a great deal harder than the last time I bought a pillow. According to Big Mama, I am supposed to identify my favorite seven songs of all time. ONLY SEVEN? Seven hundred, perhaps. How in the dickens am I supposed to chop my favorite songs list down like that? I have at least 50 songs in every genre imaginable that I have tagged as "favorites."

Oh well, I'll at least take a stab at it for humor's sake. These are not going to be in any sort of order:

1) Fields of Gold as sung by Eva Cassidy... soothing, melodic and stirs in me emotions I didn't know I had.

2) Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol...my current favorite. Don't know what it is about this song, but I could listen to it over...and over....and over.... and I do.

3) Annie's Song by John Denver...yes, I said John Denver. Love him. Grew up listening to him. Who in the heck writes like him anymore? "You fill up my senses, like a night in the forest...like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain..." sigh...............

4) The Water is Wide by Sarah McLachlan, Indigo Girls & Jewel.... was my Mom's favorite song and, consequently became mine. The harmonies and the words...love. it.

5) Into the Mystic by Van Morrison... the soaring chorus of this song is one I must belt out no matter where I am. It's one I should not plan on listening to on my iPod in public. It could get ugly.

there's only two more.....? Nooooooooooo...I need more!

6) Chiquitita by Abba...risking all sorts of ridicule I decided to post this one. Yes, I am a nerd. But I adore this song. My friend Cindy and I can be seen riding down the road singing this at the top of our lungs...harmonies soaring and coolness quotient dropping by the second.

7) Tie: (see, I knew I could fit more in...) Amazing Grace (Chris Tomlin's version, especially) and How Great is Our God

whew! I may have to amend the list as new ones pop in my head... I didn't really even slip into my love of 80's music (Whoop, There It Is almost made the cut!)...there are simply too many to name. What are your favorites???

1 comment:

Janet said...

Here is my list

1. In My Life Beatles

Of all the wonderful songs they wrote this is my all time favorite. It reminds me of all the people who have touched my life and especially those left behind.

2. Alone Heart

I thinks Ann Wilson is the best female rock vocalist. She has that gritty rock voice. Of all the Heart songs that I love this is the best.

3.Leather and Lace Stevie Nicks and Don Henley. This was an our song with someone 25 years ago.The one that got away but yet remains.

4. Theme from Somewhere in Time Rockmananoff. I love this melody. It is so haunting. I wish I had a replica of the jewelry box Jane Seymore had in the movie.

5. Always on Your Side . Sheryl Crow and Sting.

This is Mr. got away in the present day. I love the version with Sting the best. I made my family crazy playing the video over and over again in the office.

6. Moondance Van Morrison. I just love the jazzy feel to this song. I can see the leaves falling under October skies. Fantabulous.

7. Stuff That Dreams are Made of.
Carly Simon. This is the best anthem to marriage that I can think of.