Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday's Feast: April 20, 2007

Another site in blogdom I've run across is Friday's Feast. It's just a list of five little questions offered up each week...thought it would be fun to join in. Here goes:

Appetizer ~ What is your favorite kind of bread?
It would be a tie between a doughy garlic knot dripping in butter and the yummy homemade Amish Cinnamon bread that my friend Deb brought me. Mmmmmm...I'm hungry.

Soup ~ When was the last time you bought a new pillow?
This one's easy. Last Saturday at the Dollar General in Hiawassee, Georgia. I forgot our pillows when we went camping and the first night "roughin' it" without them was not so good. Mind you, I remembered to bring everything else we could ever need (smores supplies being the #1 priority) But no pillows!

Salad ~ Approximately how many hours per week do you spend surfing the ‘net?
Between blogging here, writing a blog with a faraway friend, looking up meeting space capacity charts, pulling up directions, weather.com, CNN and reading numerous other blogs by people much wittier than I... too much time. I ain't proud.

Main Course ~ What’s the highest you remember your temperature being?
I dunno really. Maybe 102-point-something?

Dessert ~ Fill in the blanks: When I ____________, I _____________.
When I get mad, I cry.
It's really not something I like about myself. Can't a girl show a little moxy without boohooing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the meal.
First time visiting here... raising a caring boy doesn't get any easier. I would definitly not stress about imaginary guns, though I used to worry as you do. As long as he has his mommy in the background reaffirming that it's fun to pretend play that we're make-believe cowboys or whatever, it probably won't translate into anything mean, past escalating a few times into rough stuff that hurts with whoever he's playing with. And of course, you'll step in at that point and tell him or his friends not to hurt one another. Children grow up realizing the difference between imaginary and real.
Keep your chin up!

Hootin Anni said...

Did someone say camping? Without pillows? Wow...now, that's roughing it. For me, roughing it is going into a motel/hotel without reservations and expect to get a room. Now, THAT's roughin' it!!!

My feast is served.

Bea said...

I really have to stop reading today's FF. All these bread suggestions are making me hungry. :-)

Have a great weekend!