Monday, March 19, 2007

Searching..........

Martha Stewart's show is on in the background as I work and she just made a shocking revelation. She is on an exhaustive search for the perfect scone.

The perfect scone?

There are many things in my world that I could do an exhaustive search for and the perfect scone is nowhere on my list. Topping my list would be a mate for the 237 socks in "sock heaven"--that basket in my closet which serves as a temporary (and sometimes permanent) home for socks with no match. I'd also search for the lid to the bottle of children's ibuprofen sitting in my cabinet as well as every nice black gel pen I've bought in the last year.

Let's see...as long as I'm searching, I could try and find my driver's license that has been missing since our Orlando trip. I'm sure it's in a pocket but, for the life of me, I haven't come across it yet. I carry my passport with me for identification but I'm sure a police officer would not accept that as proof that I am allowed to drive in the state of Georgia. Yes, I can go to Russia if I'd like but driving to Wal-Mart could get me into trouble.

See, Martha...you search for scones and I search for pens, socks and my driver's license. We're kindred souls you and I.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right, it made me laugh! :-D

Anonymous said...

Oh man! You have Tim and I rolling on the floor holding our sides, trying to lower the volume of our laughter so as not to disturb the kids. This is HYSTERICAL! You're on a ROLL today, Katie! Thanks for the laughs! Excellent way to finish off my boring as (Greek metasynaptic ____) day!!!

Lexy said...

Do you know where your AmEx card is? It's very reassuring to me that some things are consistent!:-)Much love...

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

I wouldn't want to disappoint you, Lexy. :-)

Anonymous said...

No driver's license? Better slow it down through the construction zone on our parking-lot of a highway, missy! :)