Saturday, March 10, 2007

Blog Fog

A friend of mine called the other day asking "why haven't you blogged lately?? what's going on???" While that made me feel good that someone besides myself is interested in the minutae of my life, I realized that I'm in a bit of a blog fog of late. Things have been a little crazy with me working two full time jobs and trying to be a Mom and a wife...and a daughter...and a sister...as well as a friend...and community group leader...yikes...

Everyone in life wears many hats, but I realized that I was so busy trying to juggle which hat I was wearing at any given moment that I was letting important stuff fall to the backburner. Maybe in the scheme of things a blog doesn't seem that important, but it is to me. It is an outlet that I look forward to...a way to vent, share, create... and let others know what's going on in my ordinary everyday world. Sometimes I get bogged down and don't have anything really enlightening to share so I don't want to write down the boring stuff. But, what I've realized, is that life is made up of boring stuff and that it's the cumulative boring moments that make life...well, not so boring. Have I lost you yet?

Anyway, I let go one of my jobs the other day and am trying to regain some semblance of order in my life. I am vowing (for myself if not anyone else) to record the little everyday stuff. As I look back on my days over the past year, it's fun to recall the pesky bird pecking on my door or a conversation that I had with my son that I might not otherwise remember.

So, hopefully, I'll be more consistent in my posting. I'm sure some day down the road I'll be glad I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! daily blogs again!!! see, you don't realize my daily routine. check email and check katie's blog. most disappointing when there's nothing new so now my days will start out with a smile!! :-D glad to have you back!