Saturday, March 17, 2007

Night Owl

I've always been the one to fall asleep just about anywhere. As a child, it was face down in my mashed potatoes at the dinner table. Then there's the famous pic of me at age 3 sound asleep, standing up, with my head resting on the closed toilet lid. I sleep in the car the minute it is cranked (um, well, except when I'm actually the one driving...) and I can never make it through a movie at home without catching some ZZzzzz's.

So, what is it that has me in a pattern of complete and utter lucidity at 2:42 in the morning?! I could go downstairs and turn on a movie, read, organize something... I am completely awake. This has been a trend of late and it's an odd one for me. I'm not sure if working from home has something to do with it...knowing that I can stay up later but be able to work in complete peace and quiet...I'm not sure. But, whatever it is has my entire schedule and body clock going haywire.

What have I been doing since 11pm when the fellas turned it in? Well, my computer has been acting crazy and, upon further investigation I noticed the most aggravating jumble of twisted cords and cables I have ever seen. So, I have meticulously disassembled my entire computer, cleaned it, straightened out the wires, labeled them (yes, I am OCD and proud) and plugged everything back in. Obviously, it seems to be working fine so now at least I am going to bed with organized computer connections. It's the American Dream. OK, so not really. But it feels better nonetheless.

1 comment:

dewde said...

creepy.