Thursday, January 04, 2007

Conversations--part 1

Daniel: "Can I lay my head on your shoulder, Mommy?"

Katie: "Of course!"

(Clad in dinosaur footed pajamas, he climbs in my lap and buries his head on my neck)

Katie: "My goodness, why are you so snuggly this morning...?"

Daniel: "Because you feel safe and warm..."

(We rock back and forth in silence for a couple minutes...)

Daniel: "Mommy?"

Katie: "Yes?"

Daniel: "Can we stay like this forever?"

Katie: "That would be nice, wouldn't it?"

(Daniel begins to think about the potential consequences)

Daniel: "Yeah, but then you couldn't go buy my presents for my birthday!"

(Realizing the non-gifting that could occur as a result of a too-lengthy snuggle, he quickly hops down and races down the hall singing...)

Moment over. It was nice while it lasted. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's just too sweet!

Anonymous said...

aahhhh....
gotta love that!!!