Saturday, January 06, 2007

At the Movies: The Pursuit of Happyness


(and, if you haven't seen the movie--yes, I know I spelled that incorrectly! :-)

Keith and I double-dated with our friends Jimmy and Melissa last night and THOROUGHLY enjoyed this movie! Will Smith is amazing--as is his real life son Jaden who also plays his son in the film. For the entire length of the movie, I wanted to hug them both, or help them, or give them our spare bedroom...something!

Many warned me this movie is "sad." It is...but not in a Schindler's List, Life is Beautiful, Saving Private Ryan kind of way. It's more a series of unfortunate events that lead to the homelessness of a brilliant man and his son. It is sad and there are parts where Keith thought he would have to mop me off the floor. But it is also one of the most uplifting/inspiring films I've ever seen.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one... (I also highly recommend taking Kleenex with you, too. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I LOVED this movie! I was so inspired! I told Tim that I will buy it when it comes out on dvd and watch it once/month to keep myself going! We all loved Night at the Museum, too...
You can laugh if you want, but I watched Rocky Balboa with Bradley on a date...(I was a HUGE s.stallone/Rocky fan!) Anyway, that movie was really inspiring to me too! Very fun to have some good movies this season! Did you catch Charlotte's Web? We loved that one too!