Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Resolution, Smezolution

I am the first to admit the very idea of New year's resolutions excite me. "A new year, a new you..." Starting off at 01/01 with new life changes that will let me the best me I can be this year.

Yeah, I had a bunch of them this year. Let's see...keep my house straight, lose weight, exercise more, drink lots of water (blech!), no procrastinating and to be on time for everything! Oh, and to keep my resolutions this year. Yes, I actually added in a resolution to keep my resolutions. Not quite as funny as my sister making a list of her lists but it ranks right up there (sorry Jen if you're reading this!) :-)

Let's see, I HAVE exercised more and that is something I've been sticking to. Thanks to a couple faithful friends in my neighborhood, we do about 2.5 miles a few times a week. No, it's not a marathon distance but a girl's gotta start somewhere.

As for the rest, well I have yet to figure out why leaving to pick up my son at 12:28pm (when he gets out of school at 12:30pm) doesn't work when we live 20 miles away. Maybe I'll try to leave on time today. Resolution rebirth!

I guess for now I'll stop calling them resolutions (if anything to avoid being a statistic on the Today Show about poeple who have failed to keep their resolutions this year) and just try to do the best I can. See, I'm feeling better already!

No comments: