Other official and maybe-not-entirely-sports-related observations of this year's tourney:
- I still love my boy Adam Scott even though he didn't play at the top of his game this year. No one can rock the light blue pants like that fella. Just sayin.
- 20-year old rookie Jordan Spieth almost brought it home with an impressive two-stroke lead early Sunday. But when it started falling apart he went a little John McEnroe and beat his club on the green. Keep it in check buddy. Never let 'em see ya sweat!
- Jonas Blixt--another rookie--played like a champ but unfortunately those blue pants were just a little too blue and would clash with the green jacket. The Fashion Gods of sports knew this and caused him to bogey one too many to take home the title.
- Bless Miguel Angel Jimenez's hair. Is he a retired wrestler? Checking Wikipedia now.
- Matt Kuchar is so nice and was wearing really sensible shoes. Like deck loafers you'd wear on a casual sailing excursion. He's like the really nice guy a few doors down that cuts your lawn when you go out of town. He couldn't find the fairway this afternoon to save his life but I like him. Kooooooochhh!
- Bubba's pal Ricky Fowler played really well today coming in two under but oh-my-heavenly-day that orange get up he was wearing with that thug-looking wide-brimmed hat was killing me.
- And finally, this is directed at the fans attending the Masters. No matter who you are or how much you paid for your ticket, a red diamond pattern on your pants is never a good choice. You are there to watch golf and to eat $1.50 pimento cheese sandwiches and to post selfies from the game on Facebook. But please for the love of everything that is good and holy look in a mirror.
Till next year, folks.