Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Boy's Prayer: November 14

The scene: Daniel's bedside, Daniel kneeling, hands clasped, flanked on either side by me and Keith

Just when I thought his little prayers had given all they could, this was his prayer tonight. Keith nor I could contain our grins and our chuckles (which I immediately tried to play off as a cough!)

"Dear God,
Thank you for living in my heart.
I just ask you to be with all the people
that are with you up there, God.
And be with all the people here in jail
who have to eat broccoli and pineapple.
And, God...Christmas time is coming
and I want to thank you God for being
my best present. And please give presents to
other people that don't have any, God.
And thank you for washing my sins away.
And please help the blind men to see
oh, and the blind girls, too.
When I think of Christmas, God,
I think of you.
Thank you for sending Jesus to
die on the "cwoss" for our sins.
I love you, God. Hope you live in a lot
of other people's hearts, too.
Amen.


Oh, to have the unjaded, innocent heart of a child again.

No comments: