Monday, July 17, 2006

Afflicted

I think I have an issue.

Just recently, I have become acutely aware of the existence of germs. Not that I obsess about it, but I think about it when in public places. On a trip to McDonald's the other day, I sat with Daniel eating lunch and could not stop noticing how dirty most of the customers were. Granted most of them were construction-type workers, but the dirt covering them was unbelievable. Sweat rings on shirts, open toed shoes...Then I glanced around at all the surfaces--including the napkin dispenser with it's glop of dried ketchup that looked sorta like a birthmark--and I couldn't stop thinking about the germs that we come in contact with every day.

I won't go into detail like Matt Lauer did on a Today show special last year (a topic that temporarily freaked me out)...if I think about the subject with a medical-type scrutiny I could possibly become homebound. :-)

You know, I guess life is too short to become obsessive-compulsive about the germ thing.

Or, is life short because I don't worry about the germ thing?

Hmm...................

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested